Monday, November 1, 2010

Fancy Fish Sticks

First, I must share my new favorite snack with you: Sesame Honey Cashews from Trader Joes. It has been a healthier alternative to the leftover Halloween candy lying around the office. 


Second, my classy fish sticks. Evan used to think less of me because of my love for fish sticks, but I think these changed his mind. In place of bread crumbs, I used smashed garlic and butter croutons, which were mixed with grated Parmesan to make up the breading. 
In addition to the fish sticks, I sautéed broccoli with balsamic, red pepper flakes and a little garlic salt, and paired it with sliced apples to dip into pumpkin pie pudding. This is delicious and reminds me fondly of baby food. 


The result was a semi-fancy, healthy dinner :) Now, as I sit in my plaid flannel pajamas, I need to go catch up on some blogs (including my step dad, John's food post - apparently I was a little inspiration). 







Fancy Fish Sticks


1 lb Cod (or other white fish)
1 cup bread crumbs (or crushed croutons)
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
1 egg
1/4 cup buttermilk 
1 clove garlic, minced
S&P 


Preheat oven to 425 and apply non-stick to cookie sheet. Whisk egg, buttermilk and garlic in a shallow bowl. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan and salt and pepper in another. Cut fish into strips and dip into egg mixture then into bread crumbs and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until fish is flaky. I served with red wine vinegar sprinkled on top. 





No comments:

Post a Comment