Sunday, October 31, 2010

Apple & Cheddar Quesadillas

Per my new Sunday ritual, I went to the Dupont Farmers Market and stocked up on some FLO vegetables and pumpkin butter - it's definitely going into my oatmeal tomorrow.


I planned dinner around the vegetables I purchased, which led to a menu of apple & cheddar quesadillas with roasted butternut squash


The apple and cheddar quesadillas are simply that, sliced apple and grated cheddar cheese on whole wheat tortillas. These were good but I would make them with Granny Smith instead of Fuji apples next time. I liked the roasted butternut squash but peeling the squash and dicing it up while it was raw was a little tricky. 
 After you cube the squash, you mix it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and roast it in the oven at 375 for about 35 minutes. The onion you slice and mix with 1 tablespoon olive oil and roast on a separate pan for 20 minutes. When these are done, mix them together with dried cranberries and sage (the Whole Foods recipe says to use fresh but I used dried). This meal was uber Fall

Dessert was melted milk chocolate Hershey Nuggets and vanilla ice cream. Since we only had about 11 trick-or-treaters, someone had to eat the chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment