Monday, October 18, 2010

Back to Basics

Waking up this morning was No. Fun. I opted for a fancy breakfast to make light of my Monday morning, in this case Fancy Oats. I even decided on photographing it, but apparently my camera wasn't awake either - they were not blog-fit. This meal-in-a-bowl consisted of Old Fashioned oats, half a banana, chopped dates, raisins, a dollop of peanut butter and some cinnamon and brown sugar mixed in. It was a happy marriage. 

By the time I got home from work today (I walked home, good for me), I needed something to nosh on before dinner. I ended up with some grapes, a box of raisins and a glass of wine, oddly all the same food at different stages in life. 

The goal for dinner was to make a square meal. I'd say it got pretty close, but fell short as it is lacking a dessert :'(
Menu: Barbecue chicken made with Carolina Mustard Sauce (I had to take the bottle away from Evan before he drank it all), white rice with pepper jack cheese, and zucchini sautéed with balsamic vinegar and Italian herbs. Super basic yet oh, so delicious. 
Now I plan on ransacking my kitchen for something resembling dessert. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment