Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Dinner Party

This was probably my favorite Halloween. Not because of my costume, but because we got to go to one of my favorite things: a dinner party! To no ones surprise, Evan and I didn't have a costume yet. It took two trips to the Shops at Georgetown Halloween Boo-tique for one to stick.  
 Then a trip to Whole Foods to recharge on their nutritious and delicious salad bar...
Before I put this lovely lady's outfit together. Can you guess what I am? A Tea Party'er straight out of Hickville, Middle-America. The fake teeth were really great, but I completely forgot about them once we left the house. 

We went over to Jack and Molly's new, super-cute apartment for dinner. (I had major house-envy)
After a 3 cheese platter and avocado & pistachio crostini, we had Jack's Chicken Pesto Pasta. Loved this. Penne, grilled chicken, pesto, mozzarella & tomato slices :) 
This short-order cook has serious potential.
 I brought over an Apple Brown Betty for dessert. I got a little eager and started eating it before snapping a picture...I'm a fan of this recipe: 4 apples, lemon juice, oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and you're done! 
How cute are their bowls??

1 comment: