Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bulging Bells

Typically I use a little free time at work to plan my dinner menu, but not today.

My Perch
I've been preparing for this one for a couple days and it so happened that my leftovers tied in beautifully. My constant food blogging led me to the idea of stuffed peppers but this recipe was predominantly my concoction. Though I made two for myself, one definitely did the trick- which means I have a good lunch tomorrow ;)

I tucked them into a bread dish and pulled the little gems out after a quick 20 minutes. I paired them with goat cheese stuffed, prosciutto wrapped dates and grapes. Nomnomnom!




CP's Stuffed Bell Peppers


Ingredients:


2 bell peppers
1 cup cooked rice
1 zucchini, diced
1 head broccoli, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Dash garlic salt
S&P
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Bread crumbs (I used crushed garlic croutons = YUM) 
Grated parmesan 


Method:


Preheat oven to 400. Slice off tops of peppers and empty the insides, dice up tops. Drop peppers into a pot of boiling water to simmer for 5 minutes. Heat olive oil in a pan and add broccoli, zucchini and leftover bell pepper. When vegetables start to soften, about 3 minutes, add garlic and let cook another minute. Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, garlic salt and S&P. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Add cooked rice to the pan, stir to combine. Stuff peppers with mixture and top with bread crumbs and parmesan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until skin of peppers look wrinkly and stuffing is hot. 
WARNING: these are difficult to eat and will make a mess, so prepare accordingly. 







1 comment:

  1. This looked delicious, and I want you to make it when you visit for Christmas. I also like how you call them little gems! And your desk looks so nice- I like the yellow!

    ReplyDelete