Monday, October 25, 2010

Taco Salad de Veggies

Today I went to Trader Joe's on a mission. For vegetables. I think I accomplished said mission and turned them all into tonights dinner. Taco Salad. I added a homemade touch to it by making tortilla chips. 
I didn't realize how awesome these were going to be AND healthier than the average tortilla chip. You can use flour or corn tortillas (I used both) to make these chips. Spray tortillas with cooking spray - I used the kind with olive oil - on both sides then sprinkle them with salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic salt, etc. (I just used salt and cayenne) and bake at 400 for 6-8 minutes. 
These chips accompanied my taco salad with mashed potatoes and mango slices (random, yes but don't worry about that). Healthy and delicious :D I then proceeded to eat a baby Snickers and Milky Way because nobody's perfect.


Taco Salad de Veggies


Spinach
Corn
Black beans
Yellow bell pepper, chopped
Cucumber slices
Pepper jack cheese, chopped
Guacamole
Salsa






No comments:

Post a Comment