Sunday, October 17, 2010

Figgy Pizza

This afternoon was not as pleasant and productive as the rest of my weekend has been. I like to think this was the fault of the CVS employee who could not have helped me less, as I tried to get photos developed. On the bright side, Evan returned in one piece from Charlottesville and even paid for tonights groceries :) I had been searching for a recipe to use up my Adventurous Figs and came across a pizza recipe on Bon Appetit.com last night. Voila! 

Pizza with Figs, Prosciutto, Goat Cheese*, Balsamic & Arugula

*Bon Appetit made theirs with gorgonzola, but I had goat cheese from the Farmers Market and wanted to try it!


Ingredients:


1 pizza crust
1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
6 pieces prosciutto 
3-4 rip figs, sliced
1 bunch of arugula (enough to top the pizza)
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Salt, pepper & a sprinkle of olive oil


Method:


Spread the cheese over the crust of the pizza and bake at 400 for 8-10 min. Mix sliced figs in a bowl with balsamic vinegar.Take out and immediately drape prosciutto across cheese to cover entire pizza. Top with figs and put back in the oven for 2-3 more minutes. Mix arugula with balsamic vinegar from figs and add salt, pepper and a few drops of olive oil. Top the pizza with the arugula and serve. 

1 comment:

  1. Impressive debut, China! I grew up eating June's fig preserves. I will have to try them on our next homemade pizza. Thanks for the idea! love, Johnny

    ReplyDelete