Friday, January 28, 2011

Chicken Marinara + Thundersnow

I've had very mixed emotions about all of this snow. On one hand, it wreaks havoc on DC and everyone’s commute on Wednesday night – forcing me to walk a mile in the pouring snow with no hood and in cowboy boots. I didn’t think I was going to make it. But Thursday morning, it looked really beautiful AND I had a late start at work. So it wasn’t all bad.
IMG_0351
Walking in the snow (when you have planned to walk in the snow) is one of my favorite things. IMG_0353
Everything looks so different!IMG_0355
And pure. Those white trees were amazing.
IMG_0357
Last night, I threw together chicken marinara for dinner. Chicken is underrated for its difficulty to cook. I never know when it’s cooked through! Especially with chicken thighs, since it still looks darkish pink when it’s done. But besides minor anxiety that it wasn’t cooked all the way, dinner was yummy.
IMG_0360
Ingredients:
4 chicken thigh pieces
1 cup bread crumbs (or crushed garlic croutons)
1-2 egg whites
Flour
4 tbsp olive oil
Marinara sauce
Mozzarella cheese
IMG_0361
Dredge chicken pieces in flour, egg whites then bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in a deep skillet until a bread crumb sizzles when dropped into pan. Place chicken in oil for about 4 minutes a side, or until cooked through. Put chicken onto microwaveable serving dish, top with marinara sauce and mozzarella, then microwave for 20 seconds to melt cheese. Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment