Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tongol Tuna Salad Tartine

I learned something today. Tongol tuna is the way to go. It’s cheaper than albacore, less mercury, and has a more mild flavor. I picked some up from Whole Foods on the way home, followed by 22 minutes of yoga (3 days in a row ya’ll!) then whipped together dinner.
IMG_0257
I used to think tuna salad always had to have mayonnaise, but I hardly make it with the stuff anymore. This recipe (which I adapted from a NY Times Recipes for Health recipe) used:
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp capers
S&P
2 cans tuna
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 scallion, chopped
IMG_0258
Combine the capers, garlic and salt in a bowl and mash. Mix in tuna, and follow with the remaining ingredients. I topped wheat toast with the tuna salad and more Greek yogurt for mine and Havarti cheese for Evans.
IMG_0260
Just found out I’m headed to Disney World for the first time in May! Open-mouthed smileI hear it blows Disney Land out of the water…

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! So glad you are coming. I will probably be great with child, but it will be tons of fun. No one does Disney quite like Carol does it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it will be great! We also need to plan that trip to ATL...

    ReplyDelete