Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies

I had waited long enough to use my new mixer. For its maiden voyage I chose chocolate chip meringues. We used to buy the chocolate chip meringue cookies from Trader Joes when I was little and I just thought they were the best treat. Light, crunchy and sugary. I think I agree with my five year old self; they’re dangerous.IMG_0255Also, no surprise, LOVE THE MIXER. I just got to stand there and watch it do its thing. I’m making stiff peaks, no big deal.
IMG_0250
I found this recipe on Allrecipes. It called for:
3 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar (contrary to its name, it is a powder)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/3 cup chocolate chips
Beat together the first three ingredients until soft peaks form. Slowly beat in sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
IMG_0251
Plop teaspoon size drops (I did them a bit larger) onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 at 300 degrees.
IMG_0253
Then try your best not to eat them all. Wish me luck!!
IMG_0255

1 comment:

  1. Wow I want to grab some, looking so delicious and nice treat you had posted. chip level training in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete