Monday, January 24, 2011

Tilapia with Salsa Verde

I’m finally getting back on the horse with cooking after having the flu for the past 5 days. I haven’t been that miserable since the last time I had the flu three years ago. Though, I managed to survive it without going to the doctor, just a lot of advil and TV watching on my computer.
IMG_0328
Now that I can finally taste food again, I'm starting with the easiest fish recipe in the world.
 IMG_0329
Three ingredients are all you need. Salt and pepper the tilapia filets before placing them on individual pieces of tin foil. Layer with thinly sliced lemon and cover with salsa. Wrap the fish in the tin foil and bake at 400 for 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
IMG_0332
The little pouches steam the fish in the salsa and make it super moist and flavorful. Along with my fish a la salsa, I baked a sweet potato (7 minutes in the microwave) and had it with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
IMG_0333
IMG_0334
Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment